Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

September 2013 Ipsy Bag - Classic Beauty

Hello everyone! Today's post is all about the September Ipsy bag. The theme this month was 'Classic Beauty.' I got my tracking information on the 13th and when I checked it my bag was already out for delivery in my town! That is the first time that has happened since I've been getting ipsy. This is my 9th bag in case you were wondering. =]

Okay, so in this bag I received a NYX eye shadow in the color Hot Crystal, Elizabeth Mott It's So Big mascara, Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple, Starlooks eyeliner in Obsidian, and 3 Freeman paper masks in Purifying Star Fruit, Hydrating Blue Agave, and Brightening Rose.


I really love the color and design of this month's bag! It does feel like a cheaper material but the design makes up for it.

 

The first product I received was the NYX eye shadow in Hot Crystal. I was so nervous to see which color I would get seeing that we could get 1 of 20 shades. I unfortunately got one very unusable shade. It is a slightly frosty off white with chunks of iridescent glitter.

NYX Hot Crystal

It doesn't swatch very well and when applied to the lid the color payoff isn't very good and the chunks of glitter go all over your face.

NYX Hot Crystal
NYX Hot Crystal (blurred to show glitter)

I applied it over NYX's jumbo pencil in Milk to see if adding a sticky base would make the glitter stick better. It did not.

NYX Hot Crystal applied over NYX jumbo pencil in Milk

The second product I received was a black kohl eyeliner by Starlooks. I am really particular about eyeliner and this one just doesn't cut it for me. =\




 It swatches really well but, unfortunately, doesn't apply to the eye nearly as pigmented. It's not really that creamy and seems like a pencil I could get at the drugstore for $1-2. It smells like crayons too.



The third product I received was the It's So Big! mascara by Elizabeth Mott. It says it is a volumizing mascara but it didn't provide much volume to my lashes. It did defined and lengthened them though. I will probably use this layered with other mascaras just to use it up. I definitely wouldn't purchase the full size.


It has an hourglass shaped brush.

Brush up close.
 I did notice when I first pulled the brush out of the tube that a lot of product was left on the tip and I had to scrape it off. It is a wet formula which I don't prefer.


One coat on top lashes only.

Two coats on top lashes, one coat on bottom lashes.

The fourth product I received was the Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm. It is in the color Big Apple which is a bright red.



 The top comes with a brush which was handy for application so I didn't have to get product all on my finger. Also since the color is so pigmented I couldn't imagine putting it on with my finger, it would be a mess lol.


Really pigmented. Definitely not "tinted."

 When I first applied it to my lips it was very matte and drying. I had to put a chapstick on afterward to make it more comfortable feeling. The next day I tried applying chapstick first and then the color and I really like the way it turned out much better. That will definitely be the way I use it.


The fifth and final product(s) I received was the Freeman paper masks. I have never tried a paper mask from this brand before.

 

 The green paper mask is purifying star fruit and says it is good for oily prone skin. The blue paper mask is hydrating blue agave and is good for dry skin. The pink paper mask is brightening rose and is good for brightening and toning. So far I have only used the rose mask and it was a pain and a half to apply. I had to have my husband help me. The mask didn't fit my face very well. The eye holes weren't far enough apart and kept touching my outer lashes. When I tried to stretch it a little it ended up ripping so it didn't cover the area around my nose. The package had a sticker on the back with new instructions. It used to say leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then after taking the mask off just press in the remaining serum into the skin. The new instructions said leave on for 3-5 minutes and wipe your face with a warm cloth after removing the mask. I definitely see why they changed the last step because if you don't rinse it off it leaves a sticky weird feeling to the skin.

Rose paper mask

All in all I really do enjoy getting my ipsy bag every month. For only $10 it's fun to try new stuff. I have discovered some products through ipsy that I really do love! Let me know how you liked your ipsy bag! Thanks for reading, have a great day!

If you'd like to learn more about ipsy you can visit: http://www.ipsy.com/about
If you'd like to join ipsy I have a referral link: http://www.ipsy.com/?refer=u-har2i9ibmvjoi4t

No comments:

Post a Comment