Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 2014 Ipsy - Beauty Rocks


Look at me slacking on my blog lol. Today I am going to talk about my April Ipsy bag. I got my bag back around the 15th and have got to try everything out and form an opinion. Let’s get into the bag!


The theme this month was Beauty Rocks. I think the theme was based around the fact that Coachella was this month. This was definitely a better theme than some other months and I think the bag is kind of cute.

 

The first item I received was the Rainbow Honey nail polish in Midnight Fountain. I have never tried any polishes from this brand before so I was a little excited to try it. I have to admit I think the sample size is so tiny. It's a third of a full size. I almost feel like they should have included a full size.

Sample size: 5ml, value: ~$3 | Full size: 15ml, price: $10

This shade is pretty but nothing that wows me. It applies like a typical glitter where you have to move the pieces around on the nail to get an even look. I'm not really into nail polish right now so unfortunately I am not as excited about this as I should be.

 

The second product I received was the Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion. This isn't a horrible sample size considering how expensive the full size is. I have never tried any sort of microdermabrasion before so I wasn't sure what to expect. I do have dry flaky areas on my face around my nose, chin, and a few little places on my cheeks. I have used this once so far and it wasn't bad. I need to keep using it to determine whether I really like it or not. I'm pretty sure I will never purchase the full size though just because it is so expensive.

Sample size: 0.25 oz, value: $9.75 | Full size: 2 oz, price: $78

The third product I received was the Demeter Jasmine roll perfume oil. I received the salt air one back in July so I know I like the packaging of the product but I wasn't sure about the smell. It is very floral, which makes sense, and it is really nice for spring and summer. I did notice though that if I apply too much in one area it doesn't dry down and leaves an oily residue on the skin.

Full size, price: $10

The fourth product I received was the Mary Kay at Play lip gloss in Teddy Bare. I was kind of bummed when I saw that I was getting this. I was really hoping for the Starlooks lip liner. Then when I found out the options were a nude or red I figured I'd get the red (which of course I would have hated) but luckily I got the nude.

Full size, price: $10

This is a very sticky gloss (and I am a fan of sticky glosses) but it is almost too sticky. When I wear it on its own it looks too nude on my lips but when I pair it over a pink lipstick or lip liner it actually isn't bad.



The fifth, and final, product I received was the Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil in Black Velvet. I love Urban Decay eye liners so I was really happy to be getting this. The only bad thing I can say is that this is the same exact size they give as a free sample sometimes with an online purchase. All in all though I am happy to have it and use it.

Sample size: 0.8g, value: ~$15 | Full size: 1.2g, price: $20

 

That is all for my April Ipsy bag. The approximate total value of my bag was $47.75. Pretty cool! It was actually a decent month compared to some in the past. It is a lot better than the bag from last April as well. I definitely feel like I got my $10 worth this month and I am excited for the sneak peeks for May to start! What did you think of your April bag? Are you excited for May? I am hoping it is a lot better the last year's May bag! Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment