Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy - Destination Beauty

Here we are, time again for my monthly Ipsy bag! I didn't have my hopes up for this bag just because the March bag last year was so bad. Then I saw the first sneak peek for the bareMinerals lipstick or lip gloss and I was so excited! I don't have very many high end lip products so I was happy to receive either one. I am overall pretty happy with this month's bag but I really wish I had gotten the Chella eyeliner. Let's get into the bag!


The bag this month was created for Ipsy by Klari Reis. My first thought when I saw the bag was "blobs." My husband said it looks like amoebas to him. Ha! I do like Ipsy's effort at trying to make different and unique bags.


The first product I received this month was the Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer. I still have the last primer I got from Pixi through Ipsy. This is more of a lotion type primer which is okay but I don't feel like it does anything to keep my makeup on.

Sample size: 0.4 fl oz, value: $9 | Full size: 1.01 fl oz, price: $22

The primer had a flesh toned color to it with gold shimmer. Once blended out it just had a luminosity to the skin. I haven't tried this yet so I'm not sure how it looks once applied all over the face.


The second product I received was the be a bombshell eyeshadow quad in Bora Bora. I should had not swatched this and instead swapped it for the Chella eyeliner. I recently discovered I have extremely similar shades in some of my Wet n Wild palettes.


Full size, price $16


They are pretty colors. I think these need a really good primer and base to work though. I tried these on bare lids and they barely showed up.

Swatched without primer.

The third product I received was the bareMinerals lipstick in Get Ready. This is the item I was most excited to receive! I would have been happy with either one but I really think I would wear the lipstick more often than the lip gloss. Although my favorite glosses are Buxom and I hear the Moxie ones are similar.

Sample size: 0.05oz, value: $7.50 | Full size: 0.12oz, price $18



Such a pretty rosey pink color. It's a really creamy lipstick and I can tell it's not the kind that will last on the lips for a long time. Nonetheless I really would like to try more shades.


The fourth, and last, item I received was the Nicole by OPI polish in On What Grounds? I am not a big fan of textured polishes but this one is actually pretty nice. It went on well in two coats.

Full size, price $7


This is just a quick swatch on my nail to see what the opacity and texture were like. I actually really like this.


Well, that is all for my March Ipsy bag. The total value of my bag was $41 which is pretty awesome! To be honest I am getting tired of be a bombshell products. I have gotten 4 items from them throughout my 15 months with Ipsy. It doesn't seem like a lot but I got 2 of them two months in a row. They are just a cheaply made, over priced brand in my opinion. Other than that I liked the bag. I am excited to see what April has in store for us. I can't believe that possibly by next week we will be seeing sneak peeks! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment