Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Small Mall Haul

Hello everyone! I went shopping a while back and I am just now getting around to posting this! Look at me being a slacker! I went to the big mall in the city with my bestie and had a girls day. We went to Sephora, Ulta, Forever 21, Nordstrom Rack, and I later went to Elder-Beerman here in town.

 At Sephora I specifically went in there to pick up the Urban Decay Ocho Loco 2 set. I was really looking forward to getting this ever since I first heard about it coming out.

Retails $59. Still available on Urban Decay's website.

While at Sephora I took advantage of getting some samples to try. I have heard a few people talking about the Tarte Clean Slate Poreless primer and thought I'd give it a go. I have yet to use it so I have no idea if it's good or bad.


I have also heard a ton about the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation. I got the shade Fair Beige and it is a perfect match! I have worn this twice and I really love this finish it gives my skin. The only thing I noticed that I didn't like was that it was melting in the areas of my face where I tend to sweat. Am I the only person who gets a sweaty face when they are hot, nervous, or anxious? I need to try this with a good primer and see how it goes.


I see Thatgirlshaexo using the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra foundation a lot and she loves it so I wanted to give it a try. I haven't used it yet so I can't say if it's good or bad for me.


This shade is too dark. I should have known I'd be the lightest shade. I wasn't sure which shade would work and I didn't have time to swatch it so the sales lady gave me a sample of both. I have no idea what to do with this either. I may see if my friend could try it but she might be too dark for it.


I also got the Lancome Cils Booster XL lash primer as a 100 point perk. I have only used this once and I honestly didn't notice a difference but I really need to try it more. This is the first time I have ever had or used a lash primer.



Next we went to Nordstrom Rack to take a look around and we immediately stumbled upon the cosmetics section. I was so excited to find these liners! Do you see that price? How could I say no?


The only two shades they had were Crash and Binge.


I found a description of the color on Temptalia's page. It is described as "darkened, plummy eggplant with plum pearl." It is a really nice shade and I was happy it wasn't similar to any of the ones in the Ocho Loco set.



Binge is described as "cool-toned, navy blue with a pearly sheen." Again, I am happy the Ocho Loco 2 didn't have any similar. I now own three discontinued liners from Urban Decay (Eldorado being the first one I bought.)



Left: Crash | Right: Binge

The next place we visited was Forever 21. I believe this is the first time I have ever been in this store. This is the first time I have bought anything from there. I was helping my friend find a dress for a holiday party and then when we were looking at the accessories I saw this cute little polka dot bow and I really wanted to get it. I haven't worn it in my hair yet but to be honest I have mostly been rocking the boring old ponytail lately.

Retail: $1.80

Next at Ulta I have a specific list of items to get and luckily I was able to get them all. I had the $3.50 off coupon from the flyer and I also had 100 points to redeem for another $3 off. I love that you can combine it together so essentially you are getting $6.50 off $10! I was so excited to get this set because it was a good deal and I was wanting to get Creme Brulee for my friend for our makeup swap. I remember going back to Ulta about a month later and this set was on clearance with all the other holiday stuff so I'm assuming it was limited edition.

Retail: $9.99


Merengue is a nice pinky shade with a hint of lavender to it.


I am not swatching Creme Brulee because it is going to a friend.


Apple Strudel is a bright coral shade that I know will be beautiful here in spring and summer.



Left: Merengue | Right: Apple Strudel

I was most excited to go to Ulta to get the Real Techniques miracle complexion sponge. I was super happy when I kept hearing people say how good this was and was the best dupe for the beauty blender. I am sorry but I just can't justify spending $20 on a sponge. Especially seeing that you do have to replace it eventually. Brushes usually last an extremely long time if you take care of them so I have no problem spending that on a brush.


I have used this sponge and I love the look it gives! I used it with the Urban Decay Naked foundation sample and loved it!


The last item I wanted to get from Ulta was the NYX roll on shimmer in Salmon. I have heard Melmphs (Melissa Raymond) rave on and on about how great this is and I would partly agree. I love the color and sparkle but I almost wish the product was in a little pot like a pigment would be so I could use a brush to apply it wet.




I have used this a couple of times but unfortunately didn't take any pictures of the looks. What was I thinking?


That is all the shopping I did with my bestie in the city. A few weeks after that trip I went to Elder-Beerman to return a Christmas present that my husband and I received. If you must know it was just something we decided we wouldn't use and didn't want it to go to waste and we got credit to get things we would use. =] He got a nice watch, we got the boys each an adorable outfit, and I got makeup! These are the first products I have ever tried from Clinique. I love how there is somewhere in my town that carries higher end cosmetics!

The first product I got was the Bottom Lash Mascara. I was really looking forward to trying this after hearing a few people talk about it. I have got to say I LOVE it! It really makes my lower lashes look amazing. I also really love using it on the top inner baby lashes.




The next product I got was the Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Whopping Willow. I looked this up after hearing Essiebutton mention it in a video and I loved the color. I knew I wanted to get one of these but wasn't sure which color but once I swatched this one I knew I had to have it. I would describe it as an olive gold. Sadly I still haven't worn this yet. I just haven't had a good enough excuse to get all fancy looking and do an olivey gold eye look. I might have to here this weekend.





The last product I got was a Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm in Mighty Mimosa. I knew I wanted to get one of these and of course for how much it is I wanted to get a wearable color. I have got to say though I feel like the CoverGirl Jumbo Gloss Balms are the same quality. I really do like this color though.





Well, that is all for my mall haul. I have fun getting some new products and writing this post makes me realize how I need to use my new products more often! I hope you enjoyed this haul and I hope you have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment