Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Saturday, November 16, 2013

November 2013 Ipsy Bag - Glam It Up

Hi everyone! I got my Ipsy bag a few days ago and it was only an okay month for me. It's okay though, not every month can be amazing (like last month!) I'm sure there are people who loved this month and didn't like last month, you know? Let's go ahead and get into the bag!


 The first product I received was an extra bonus item this month from em cosmetics. It is the Lash Gallery Dramatic Volume Mascara in black. I wasn't too excited when I found out I was getting the mascara. I haven't heard good reviews on it. I haven't tried it yet but when I do I will have to update. At least it's full size!


I have never tried a mascara wand like this.

It's actually a pretty big wand.

The second product I received was a BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic eyeshadow. I got the color Neptune which is a shimmery medium blue color. The only other BH Cosmetics eyeshadows I have tried are the ones we got a few months back from Ipsy and they weren't great at all. I think BH Cosmetics does baked shadows way better than normal ones.


 I was actually hoping for a more wearable color but I can make this work.


Left: wet swatch         Right: dry swatch

 The third product I received was Pixi bronzer in Subtly Suntouched. I wasn't happy when I found out we'd be getting a bronzer this month but this is actually more of a highlight color. I did apply it and it was a really pretty highlight color.



Left: concentrated                   Right: blended out

The fourth product I received was the Be A Bombshell lip crayon in Shameless. Definitely not my kind of color at all. Unfortunately I don't know anyone who would wear it either. The one major problem with this product is the huge silver glitter it leaves on your lips. I'm going to have to find a way to make it work.




 The fifth product I received was the Starlooks Gem Pencil in Topaz. It is a pretty silver color with just a hint of blue. I am not a fan of Starlooks as a whole but I will use this pencil. When I swatch it the pencil seems creamy enough to not tug on the eyes but I haven't applied it to my eye yet. A few months back I got a black Starlooks pencil and it seemed creamy when I swatched it but applied awful to my eyes.




 The sixth, and final, product I received was the Nailtini nail polish in Champagne. It's a pretty color in the bottle but it is pretty sheer on the nail. I am just not a fan of the Nailtini brand. I have received two polishes from them so far and both are duds in my opinion.


 The swatch is three coats and even then it's still not up to my liking. I think Ipsy should try to stick with better brands like Zoya.



So like I said before, this month was only okay for me. There wasn't anything that really blew me away. Here's to hoping for a great bag in December! What did you get in your Ipsy bag this month? Were you happy with the products? Thanks for taking the time to read. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment