Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Monday, November 18, 2013

Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette

Hey everyone! So a little while back Urban Decay had a friends and family 20% off sale so I took advantage of it and got the Vice 2 palette. Last year I got the Vice palette and I love it so when I saw the colors in the Vice 2 I knew I wanted it. Now my Vice palette has a friend lol! I haven't used it yet but lately I haven't been in the mood to wear makeup. Let's get onto the swatches!


 I got this sample of the 24/7 pencil in Zero. I was really excited to get this because I have never tried their pencils before and I am still on the search for the perfect black eyeliner.



 I have worn this a few times and so far so good. Still not perfect but I like it a lot better than other black eyeliners I have tried. This is the first high end liner I've tried.


 I got the vintage 24/7 liner in Elderado to make my total over $50 so I could get free shipping. I am really happy I got this. It is so pretty! I'm really hoping I can get the Ocho Loco 2 set now that I know I really like their eye liners.



 Elderado is such a pretty metallic gold color. I used it and Zero and did an eye look a few days ago and it was really pretty.


 I have never tried a look like this before but I think it is so pretty!


The box is nice. I like the pattern and the purple UD.

The back talks about the palette a little and shows the shades you get.

 I really like the packaging for the Vice 2 palette. Purple is my favorite color. I was watching a review on YouTube and I remember someone saying that every case is different. I thought that was really cool. The only thing I don't like is how smooth it is. It slips around when I open my eyeshadow drawer but I can get over that.


 The palette comes with 20 brand new shades that range from shimmer, glitter, satin, and matte. I wish they would have included a few more matte shades. I went to urbandecay.com to get the descriptions for the shadows.


 

Smokeout is described as "dark taupey-black satin." It also has some copper shimmer.
Lovesick is described as "matte black with iridescent micro-glitter." It seems more like pink/purple and silver glitter instead of iridescent.
Prank is described as "deep navy matte with turquoise floating pearl." I don't have any shadows in my collection that looks like this.
Madness is described as "bright metallic blue shimmer with blue micro-glitter."



Shellshock is described as "bright metallic silver." This is the best silver I own. It is so bright, shiny, and metallic!
Coax is described as "medium metallic pink with golden iridescent micro-sparkle."
X-Rated is described as "baby pink satin."
Strike is described as "antique gold shimmer with silver micro-glitter."
Stash is described as "deep olive green shimmer with iridescent micro-sparkle." This is one of my favorites.
Poison is described as "charcoal satin with iridescent micro-sparkle." I think they should have put a different shadow in place of this one. It is too similar to Smokeout.



Radar is described as "metallic brown shimmer with iridescent micro-glitter."
Damaged is described as "bright metallic emerald shimmer." Another one of my favorites.
Dope is described as "warm champagne satin."
Toxic is described as "metallic copper-pink shimmer with tonal micro-glitter."



Voodoo is described as "metallic purple shimmer with iridescent purple micro-glitter." Another favorite.
Betrayal is described as "bright purple satin with blue shift."
Derailed is described as "medium metallic taupey-brown shimmer." Another favorite.
Habit is described as "light nude matte." I'm happy they included this shade for a brow bone highlight.
Ambush is described as "metallic brown satin."
Rewind is described as "medium brown matte." I really like this shadow. It makes a great transition shade or crease color for a natural eye.


I am so happy I bought this palette. I really love Urban Decay eyeshadows. I haven't tried very many higher end eyeshadows though. I ma excited to do some eye looks using this palette. What do you think about the Vice 2 palette? Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment