Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Monday, November 11, 2013

October 2013 Birchbox - Beauty Buzz (Extremely Late)

Hello everyone! So I decided to sign up for Birchbox and give it a go. This is my first box and since I signed up later in the month I got a bit of a weird box. It was only an okay box but I am going to get it for a couple more months and see how I feel. I already knew it wouldn't be as good as Ipsy because my bag was amazing! Ok, now onto the box!


 The first product I received was the pop beauty aqua lacquer in Flowering Fuchsia. I have never tried a lip gloss that had a spatula type applicator. I don't really like any of the products I have tried from pop beauty and this is no exception. I will probably be giving this to a friend.




 The second product I received was Benefit Fake Up concealer in the shade light. I wasn't too excited to try this product once I saw a couple videos showing how tiny the sample is. I don't know why Benefit couldn't just do a mini like they did the Watts Up for the Sephora birthday gift.



 When I opened it up you can see the product was down in the tube. I couldn't get the concealer to twist up no matter how hard I tried. I even had my husband mess with it and he couldn't figure it out. I contacted Birchbox and they gave me 100 Birchbox points since they didn't have any replacements. I really appreciate the great customer service they have. A few days ago I decided to play around with it and used my pinky to get to the product to try it out. It was alright. Then I started trying to twist it up again and nothing happened. So I started banging the product upside down on my table and it came to the top and I was able to twist it up! That was crazy! Then I applied the product how it is intended and it's not too bad.


 The third product I received was the evologie stay clear cream. I haven't tried this yet and I am actually unsure what its purpose is.


 The fourth product I received was the Ruffian nail lacquer in Hedge Fund. This is such a pretty color and it swatched very well. I haven't worn it yet. I would never purchase from this brand though because the amount of polish you get for the price is awful.



Really pretty color!

 The fifth, and final, product I received was the Chap Stick hydration lock and it was a Birchbox find. I actually really like the way this feels on my lips and I have been keeping it by my chair in the living room to use whenever I need it.




So that's it for my October 2013 Birchbox. Which products did you get? Did you like your box? I am okay with this box. I do understand that since I joined later in the month that I got a weird box but I understand. I am curious to see what will be in my November box. It will be here tomorrow! Thanks for taking the time to stop by and read. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment