Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

"May"keup Madness Day 10 - Past Era

Hi everyone, here I am still working on catching up. I still have two more posts to write tonight after this one. I had a hard time choosing which era I wanted to recreate a look from. I wanted to do the 50s but then I didn't really want to be taking pictures of 50s makeup and nowadays hair lol. Then I thought maybe the 80s but I wasn't sure I wanted to do my hair for that either. Can't you tell I'm hair lazy? So finally I decided to do the 90s but then the more I looked at inspiration the more I noticed the makeup wasn't anything too exciting. Then I realized that's okay though because the past few looks I've done are a lot and it would be a nice balance to do something pretty natural. I also really wanted to use my new Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist's Palette! Here's how I created my version of a 90s look:



Eyes:
Step 1: Prime - Urban Decay Primer Potion
Step 2: Eye Base - MAC Paint Pot - Painterly - on the whole lid, inner corner, and lower lashline
Step 3: Shadow - Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist's Palette - Fresco - as a transition and along the inner 2/3 of the lower lashline
Step 4: Shadow - Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist's Palette -Truffle - in the outer v and along the outer 1/3 of the lower lashline
Step 5: Shadow - Laura Mercier Eye Art Artist's Palette -Sparkling Dew & Vanilla Nuts mixed - on the lid and inner corner
Step 6: Shadow - MAC Blanc Type - as a brow highlight
Step 7: Liner - Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Corrupt - along the upper lashline
Step 8: Liner - Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner - Twice Baked - in the waterline and to tightline
Step 9: Mascara - Make Up For Ever - Smoky Extravagant - on the upper and lower lashes
Step 10: Lashes - Eylure Individual Lashes
Step 11: Brows - MAC Brun
Step 12: Brows - NYX Control Freak Clear Brow Gel


Face:
Step 13: Foundation - Revlon Nearly Naked - Ivory
Step 14: Concealer - Maybelline Fit Me - Fair
Step 15: Powder - Revlon Nearly Naked - Fair
Step 16: Bronzer - Tarte Amazonian Clay Park Avenue Princess Bronzer
Step 17: Blush - Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - Exposed
Step 18: Lips - Jordana Easy Liner for Lips - Rock n Rose - to line and fill the lips
Step 19: Lips - Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Natural - N9

I hope you all like my version of a 90s makeup look. It's just a really pretty natural look that I could see myself wearing anytime. The best thing about the eye look is that you could pair pretty much any combination of blush and lip color! Have fun recreating this look if you do. Thanks for stopping by and have an amazing day!


No comments:

Post a Comment