Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Saturday, January 11, 2014

December 2013 Ipsy Bag - Celebration! (Late)

Long time no see! I have just not felt like blogging during the holidays. Sorry for the absence. Let's just go ahead and get into the Ipsy bag!


 I really love the bag! It is my favorite bag that I have gotten from Ipsy! I usually don't like the patent leather kind of look but since it's quilted it is so much better looking.


 I'm not a fan of pop beauty but I was happy I at least got the neutral shadows. I never would have used the gray/silver ones. I am actually planning on seeing if my friend wants this because they are nice shadows but I have so many neutral shadows and she doesn't have as big of a collection as me so why not help her out? (Approx. value: $6)


 


I was happy to get a NYX lipstick because I have one already and it is a nice formula. Unfortunately I received a horrible (for me) color. =\ I am not a fan of red lips on myself. This one also has a gold frosty shimmer. Eeek! (Approx. value: $4)




 Can you see the gold shimmer? It really shows up on the lips too and it just not flattering on me. I am also going to see if my friend wants this. I'm pretty sure she only has one red lipstick and she looks nice with red lips.


 I was so bummed to get this polish and not the Starrily one. I have never tried and indie brand of polish. =\ Also I already have about 3 other polishes that are extremely similar to this color. It is really nice though and is opaque in 2 coats. (Approx. value: $5)



 Again with the be a bombshell. Am I the only one that doesn't like this brand? It is too expensive for makeup that feels cheap. The packaging seems cheap and the products smell bad and cheap too. (Approx. value: $16)



 This color doesn't show up very well either which stinks. That is a pretty heavy swatch (blended out some) below. Not sure I will get much use out of this and I really don't think it would be good on the eyes or lips.



 Oh...yay...lashes. I was so bummed to get these. I literally never wear lashes anywhere. I didn't even wear them on my wedding day. I can't stand the way they feel on my eyes. (Approx. value: $4)


 I did a quick minimal look just to try the lashes on one eye and they are huge. They almost touch my eyebrow when I have my eye open normal and they almost touch my glasses when I blink lol. Definitely not a fan of lashes at all.


Welp, overall December was a fail month for me. (Total approx. value: $35) Ipsy really has been slacking for me lately. I'm hoping they will branch out to more known brands here in the new year. I am also not too excited for the January bag. The sneak peeks are pretty much all skin and hair care. There are a couple products I would love to get but I'm not getting my hopes up just in case. Let me know what you thought of your ipsy bag! Thanks for stopping by, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment