Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Friday, January 31, 2014

A Year in Ipsy (Part 1)

I thought it would be fun to take a look back at all of the Ipsy bags I received this past year. I have really enjoyed getting my Ipsy bag every month and I hope this is another good year. I am going to talk about each product I got in the bag and then at the end give it a rating of how many of the products I liked, and the bag. So far, I am not too excited for this January bag, but we'll see. Here we go!

January 2013 - Super Stars:


I was pretty excited when I received this for my first bag. The SOHO eye brush I still have and actually do use it once in a while. I mostly have only used it for applying gel liner.

I ended up giving the big sexy hair hairspray to my friend because that is her favorite hairspray and I don't use it often.

My favorite product from the bag is the Josie Maran Argan oil! I love this stuff and I used it so sparingly. I had never heard of trying an oil on your skin but this is my favorite way to moisturize my face now. I would purchase it but I also discovered the Tarte Maracuja oil is great and I am waiting for the Ulta 21 days of beauty sale in hopes they will have it again for $25 and I will buy 2 bottles. =D

The Nailtini polish was my least favorite which is crazy seeing that I love nail polish! I got the Frappe color which hardly shows up on the nails. They just aren't that great for the price.

The Pacifica body lotion is very nice and my husband and I both love the smell. I do use it once in a while. I wouldn't ever purchase a full size though.

I really love the quality of the actual bag too. Also love the stars inside!

Okay, so I rate this month 4/6!

February 2013 - Red Carpet Ready:


So, the infamous Lash Cards. These were seriously a joke. Basically just a cut up index card. It amazes me that people make money off stuff like this. I did try them and it was more trouble than it was worth.

I definitely didn't mind the Pixi primer. I still have it and use it once in a while. I'm not sure that it really does anything though and it doesn't fill in my pores.

The pop beauty mascara was awful. It really didn't do much for my lashes and when I put it on my bottom lashes it smudged like crazy. I ended up throwing it away.

I was most excited for the Mica gel liner. This was my first time ever trying a gel eyeliner and I was so happy to try it! Because of this product I have discovered that I love gel liner! I still have this liner but it isn't as creamy as the Essence one, which is what I now use, but I still keep it around for when I'm just playing around with my makeup and trying new looks so I don't waste my newer liner.

This was my first time ever trying Coastal Scents shadows and they aren't bad. I have never used these on my eyes though because I just have other shadows that I prefer more.

The bag is okay, I'm not a huge fan of the patent leather look but the inside being red was nice.

I rate this month 3/6!

March 2013 - The Great Escape:


This was probably the worst month of Ipsy from the past year. The Glam Rx palette was only okay. It is so tiny I'm not sure how much function it actually has. I just have those yaby shadows in it and a little Mary Kay shadow I have.

The yaby shadows are actually pretty nice and I have used the teal a couple times for an eyeliner and some of the brown in the crease.


I really didn't like the LA Fresh wipes and ended up using them to wipe swatches off my hands.

The Juice Beauty spray was okay. The smell is a bit overwhelming and it kind of makes my skin feel a bit tighter after I use it. My husband has actually been using it up and he doesn't mind it.

I really wasn't a fan of this bag either. It just feels cheap and the pattern isn't my favorite.

I give this bag 1/5. =\

April 2013 - Pretty in Pink:


April was a decent month for me. I was really excited to get the Mica eyeshadow in Earth. It is such a beautiful color! I just had an epiphany sitting here typing this. I was watching YouTube earlier and saw a video by Dustin Hunter and he made a video (here) showing how to make your own liquid lustre drops and I could definitely use that Mica pigment to do that! Oooooh, now I'm excited to try that!

I love this Healthy Sexy Hair product. It was my first time trying a product from that line and I am almost donw with this bottle. I use it almost every time after I shower. I have been stretching it out and waiting until I have the money and Ulta has a good sale on hair stuff to get it. The smell of it is soooo nice too!

The Sation nail polish was another one of those sheer pinky nudes that barely do anything. Definitely not a fan of this at all.

Lastly the be a bombshell blush. I think the blush is okay, I like the shade of pink but I'm not a fan of all the frost it has. Plus it smells cheap and the packaging is cheap too. I have learned through Ipsy that I am not a fan of this brand either.

The bag is actually really cute. I really like the sleekness of it and if I remember correctly it had stripes inside which are adorable.

I give this month 3.5/5.

May 2013 - Spring Fling:

Unfortunately I never took pictures of this bag! I have no clue why. It is the pretty chevron bag and I received the yaby concealer, Zoya polish in Julie, Juice Beauty gloss in pink, Nume finishing serum, and St. Tropez tanning lotion.

The only thing I really liked from the bag was the Zoya polish. I love Zoya! It is a pretty light purple with silver shimmer.

The yaby concealer was too dark for my skin and I wasn't a fan of the texture of it so I ended up throwing it away.

I really don't like the Juice Beauty lip gloss and I really don't like the smell. My husband actually does like the smell of it lol. The color is nice but I prefer a stickier gloss. I still have it just in case I go through some phase where I want a less sticky gloss just because I do like the color.

I gave the Nume serum to my step mom because I already had 2 serums that I like. She said she really liked it, so I'm glad I gave it to her.

The worst product I have ever received from Ipsy was the St. Tropez lotion. I am super pale. Really white. This stuff was awful on me. I tried it a smidge on my hand and washed it off immediately. I ended up giving it to my friend because at the time she was a lot tanner and I thought she could get some use out of it.

As for the bag it is super cute and is one of my favorites. I really love the chevron print and the colors of the bag.

I give this month 2.5/6.

June 2013 - On the Wild Side:


This wasn't a horrible month. The NYX Blush is a really pretty color and this was my first cream blush. I need to play with it more but it doesn't seem like it ever sets. It's always a little bit tacky which I don't like.

The Chella highlighter is actually a bit darker than my skin so it doesn't exactly highlight. I use it as an eye base when I'm just messing around with my makeup and testing out different looks.

The Starlooks lip liner I got was the bare color. It kind of makes my lips look dead if I'm not careful but it's not a completely horrible color.

The J.Cat glitter stuff is a joke. How they thought this would be a good product is beyond me lol. I used it once on my nails and it was okay but it made my top coat peel off!

I really like the Cailyn eye liner. I haven't used it as liner but it does make a great base for purple smokey eyes.

Of course I loved the bag! It was extremely adorable!

This month was a 4/6

No comments:

Post a Comment