Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Friday, January 24, 2014

January 2014 Birchbox - Go Time

Hello! I got my January Birchbox and this will probably be my last one. I have just not liked it as much as Ipsy and I don't need both. Birchbox seems to have a lot of skincare and I just prefer makeup. I have 91 points right now and I will have 141 after reviewing this month's products. I figure in order to get over 200 I'd have to get the box for two more months and I just don't know if I want to do that. I may, I may not. Let's go ahead and get into the box!

The box I received this month wasn't too great. The only thing I really like is the Nail Rock. I may like the dry shampoo but even if I do I am never going to pay $18 for it.


 The first thing I got was three tea bags from Ahmad Tea which are the lifestyle extra. I would have much rather preferred chocolate but this is okay. My husband likes tea a lot more than me so he will be drinking these. (Sample size: 3 bags, approx. value: $0.53. Full size: 2 boxes, 40 bags, price $7.)


 The second thing I got was three little packets of 100% pure coconut nourishing body cream. I really can't stand getting little packets. That's the one nice thing about ipsy, I've never gotten foil packets (knock on wood that I don't in the future.)I have heard good things about this but I wouldn't ever buy it just because I am not a huge coconut fan. (Sample size total: .201 fl oz, approx. value: $0.38. Full size: 8 fl oz, price $15.)


The third thing I got was Grand Central Beauty S.M.A.R.T. Skin Perfecting Polisher. I honestly have no idea what this is supposed to be so I had to look it up. It is a liquid exfoliator that you don't need to rinse if you don't want, you can just wipe it off. I think that sounds crazy. I would have to rinse my face after using this. It does smell really nice. (Sample size: 8ml, approx. value $10.13. Full size: 30ml price $30.)


The fourth thing I got, the the most exciting, was Nail Rock nail velvet in burgundy. I have never tried textured nails like this before. I know they won't be really wearable but I still think it will be fun to try. (Full sized item value $6.99.)


The last thing I got was the Klorane dry shampoo with oat milk. I am always up to trying a new dry shampoo but I won't buy the full size of this because it's $18 (The card says $18 but the Birchbox website says $19.50 so I based my sample value off that.) I really like Batiste and it's expensive enough. I have heard from 2 people who both really liked this so I am hoping I do too. (Sample size: 1.06 oz, approx. value: $6.50. Full size: 3.2 oz, price $19.50.)


That is everything I got in my January Birchbox. The total approx. value is $24.53. Not too bad. I am still undecided on whether I will cancel now or get another two months just so I can have over 200 points to use in the shop. I am leaning towards keeping it for the next two months but we'll see. Did you like what you got in your Bichbox? Do you think it's worth it? Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment