Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Stila In The Know Palette First Impressions

Hi! Today I am bringing a quick swatch and first impressions of the Stila In the Know palette. I bought this palette on black Friday from the Birchbox shop. I had $10 in points saved up from reviews plus an additional $10 in points that I received from Birchbox because one of my samples came broken. I used the $20 in points and the black Friday sale of 20% off and free shipping and got the palette for $11.20!! Birchbox applied the 20% off before my $20 in points so that was awesome and made it cheaper. I was so excited.


 Look how pretty it is! This is the first product I have ever had from Stila. I love having all matte shadows in one palette, it makes for a good partner for all of my other palettes that are mostly shimmers and metallics.


 One of my first thoughts when I opened it was that some of the colors seems close to the Balm's Meet Matt(e) Nude palette. I did some comparisons and none of the shades are close enough, so I can justify having both. I love that this palette has a cream, dark brown, and black, those are some staples to have for almost every look.


 I have never played with a Stila eyeliner before so I wasn't sure how creamy or nice they would be. I haven't tried this on yet so I can't say how well it lasts or whether it stays well in my waterline. When I first opened this I tried to twist it up and it wouldn't go. I kept trying and it finally started moving but then I tried to twist it back down and it wouldn't go. I think this must be the type of pencil that you have to twist up and use then twist up more when you need to. I tried some of them at Sephora and they were the same way. It's really kind of a pain but I can get over it if the pencil is good.


 It's a really nice gray color and I am happy to have it because I don't have any other gray liners. I think it will be nice for my upper lash line for a softer look.



 I took two separate pictures of swatches because I wasn't sure which one was better. They are both good just slightly different lighting. I am so excited to start using this palette and creating different looks. The palette also came with a booklet that has some looks in it that I plan on recreating.


I lobe the orange shade. I don't have any other shadows like it in my collection. Stila really did a good thing with the color selection in this palette. You basically have everything you need, nice lid colors, crease and transition colors, highlights, and deep colors for the outer v or to use as liner.


I am very happy with my decision to buy this palette. I really think I am going to get a lot of good looks out of this palette and have more mattes to combine with my other palettes. What do you think about this palette? Is it something you'd be interested in? Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment