Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Friday, January 31, 2014

A Year in Ipsy (Part 2)

Here we go with part 2 of my year in Ipsy! I figured it would be best to split the year in half so the post wasn't super long.

July 2013 - Beach Beauty:


This was kind of a fail month. The roll on perfume smells okay to me but my husband really likes it so I wear it for him. I like the idea of a roll on though.

Yet another item from pop beauty that I just wasn't impressed with. The color is okay but the product feels so cheap on my lips.

This frizz control spray didn't work at all. I sprayed it all over my hair and was still a frizzy mess when I went out. =\

The Coola moisturizer is okay. It's basically just a normal moisturizer. I really prefer using an oil on my face.

And then we come to the BH eyeshadows. I was really disappointed in these. The pigmentation was just not there.

As for the bag...what can I say, it's a cheap plastic tube. It really looks like a pencil case lol. Kudos to Ipsy though for trying a different shape.

This month was 2/6.

August 2013 - Glamour Academy:


This wasn't a horrible month. The Pacifica bb stuff was really awful. It was too dark for my skin and had tons of shimmer in it. I tried to trade it on the swap forum but the lady never messaged me back once I told her I got my bag. =\

I was really hoping for the vanilla lip balm but I don't mind the cherry. I am actually considering buying the other scents once I use up some of my other balms. I use this most nights.

The Chella brow pencil just wasn't that great for me, I prefer to use a powder in my brows. I ended up trading this on the swap forum for the Mica loose shadow in Bronze. I swapped with a girl named Katie and her and I are nice internet friends now. It's fun to have someone to talk makeup with so I am happy I met her. (Off topic) We are doing a swap next month (we've been working on it since about September) and I am so excited for it!

The Michael Todd face scrub is nice but it's a little drying for me. My husband has oily skin though and he doesn't mind using it. I am actually interested in trying a skin care regimen from Michael Todd. We'll see though. I just love how they are more natural.

Then we have the Pixi mascara. This wasn't that great and I ended up throwing it away.

The bag is alright. I love the purple because that's my favorite color and the design is a little like Harry Potter.

This month was 4/6.

September 2013 - Classic Beauty:


This month was a big bust for me as well. The Cailyn "lip balm" is super red and matte. I don't think I will ever wear it out of the house but my husband does like how it looks on me.

The paper masks were okay. I never notice these kinds of masks doing anything special.

The Starlooks eyeliner is not good at all. It smudges easily and doesn't stay on the waterline at all.

I got a horrible color of NYX eyeshadow. I got Hot Crystal and it had horrible pigmentation and huge glitters in it. Don't tell but I ended up exchanging it at Ulta lol. I told them it was a gift and I didn't like the color.

The Big mascara is only okay but I still have it to use on my lashes when I'm just messing around and playing with different eye looks. I also don't mind it on my bottom lashes.

The bag is so pretty! It has got to me one of my favorites. Such a pretty blue shade with a lacy pattern.

I give this month 3/6.

October 2013 - The Art of Beauty:


This was the best month of the whole year! I really like the hand lotion. I would have preferred the vanilla scent but the lemon is okay too. It smells like lemon cake!

I love Buxom lip glosses! They are my favorite lip gloss, high end or drug store. Dolly was a color I was considering buying and I probably will once this tube is gone.

The LA Fresh wipes were not that great and I just used them to wipe off swatches.

I tried the blow dry gel once and it did nothing to my hair so I don't know if I really want to try it again.

Of course I love Zoya! If they did a Zoya in every bag for the next year I'd be a happy camper! Plus Giovanna is gorgeous!

The bag was okay, I did like the saying on it.

This month gets a 4/6!

November 2013 - Glam it Up:


Back to a sort of crappy month again. I kept reading on the ipsy site how this was everyone's favorite bag ever. I was like "Really?" Anyway, the em mascara was really awful for my lashes. It was a really wet formula and just took the curl right out of my lashes. I ended up giving it to my friend who loves wetter mascara formulas.

The BH shadow is a great texture but I got the blue color and I just don't wear blue very often.

I wasn't a fan of the be a bombshell lip crayon. The color isn't that great and the smell and cheapness of it just irks me.

The Starlooks pencil isn't horrible. I don't have a silver liner so that is nice and it actually doesn't look bad along the lower lash line.

That Pixi bronzer isn't dark enough to bronze anything but it does make an okay highlighter.

And Nailtini. I just don't like this brand at all. I got the rose gold color and it's just not that great.

I really do like the bag though. It's definitely glam.

This month gets 3.5/7.

December 2013 - Celebration:


This month wasn't good for me either. The pop eyeshadows aren't horrible but I'm just not a fan of the brand (I know, broken record.) I am going to see if my friend wants them.

The Nicka K polish is an okay color but I already have others very similar. I will also see if she wants this. I will say the bottle is pretty.

The NYX lipstick is a horrible color for me. The gold shimmer it has is awful. I am going to see if she wants this too.

The one stick from be a bombshell is not that great either. And again, it smells and feels cheap.

Lastly, the lashes. Not a fan of lashes let alone huge ones.

The bag was really cute this month though. I love the quilted look.

This month gets 2/6.

So overall in my year with Ipsy the total is 36.5/71. So over the past year I have been 51.4% happy with my Ipsy bags. I'd say it's worth it though because I have discovered a few products that I truly love! I hope you enjoyed this long post and have a great New Year! Let's hope Ipsy has lots of new exciting stuff in store for 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment