Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Monday, January 13, 2014

December 2013 Birchbox - Holiday (Late)

Yay for another late Birchbox post! I have been way off my game lately. I just started getting back into blogging. There was a while there I didn't blog and I forgot to mention another main reason is because I needed to make my new light box. I was just too lazy to get around to it lol but thankfully I finally did. Let's go ahead and get into my December Birchbox!

Fancy new box for the Holidays.
 

The first thing I got was this duo of whipped body creme and bath salts by Salt of the Earth. I wasn't too excited by these and I still haven't tried them yet so I can't say anything about the scents or how well they work. I rarely take baths so I'm not sure if I'll ever use the salts or not. I will have to try the body creme after my shower. (Approx. value: ? There are no sizes on the packs so I have no idea how to configure the price. But for the sake of it I will just guess and say $5, a nice round number.)



 I wasn't too excited to get a shampoo but I like that it has argan oil in it and it's also sulfate and paraben free which is a bonus. The only bad thing about it is that it contains silicone (dimethicone) which isn't too great for your hair (in my opinion) but I noticed that a holy grail hair product of mine contains silicone as well so maybe my hair likes it. I do however love the smell of this! (Approx. value: $2.75)


 Oh look, moisturizer. I feel like I get a moisturizer every month. I guess I should have no excuse for having a dry face. I haven't tried this and I actually have no idea what it looks or smells like either. I will have to update you when I use it. (Approx. value: $13.33)


 Oh yay Color Club! I actually only have 2 full size Color Club polishes so I was happy to get this. Even though it's kind of a boring color in my opinion it's still pretty. I will always be happy with a Color Club polish. (Approx. value: $4)



 Chocolate! I wasn't sure what to think at first when I saw popcorn but I tried it with my husband the other night and we both loved it! It has a caramel corn flavor when you are chewing it and there are little bits of puffed amaranth in it and it's just like pop rocks in your mouth. It was so delicious we are contemplating buying full sized bars! (Approx. value: $1)


So, that was it for my December Birchbox! (Total approx. value: $26) It overall wasn't horrible and honestly the chocolate made up for it. It was so darn good. I'm actually kind of interested in seeing what else has puffed amaranth in it now. Side note: My husband is deathly allergic to rice and it saddens me that he can't enjoy rice crispies and I have been trying to find something we could use as an alternative to puffed rice. I think if I could get my hand on some puffed amaranth it would be worth a try. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this and I hope you have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment