Haleyyy_Bishop

Haleyyy_Bishop

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 2014 Ipsy Bag - 19 Reasons

Hello everyone! Today for you I am going to show you what I got in my January Ipsy bag. I am happy to say this was a good month for me. I was starting to get a little bummed because the past two months just weren't for me. So let's get into the bag!

I don't like the bag this month. It's kind of ugly in my opinion and it smelled like a fresh plastic pool toy. I'm sure you can see in the picture that my bag looks funny. That's because my sugar scrub leaked. Luckily the only thing that got damaged was the bag. I'm not sure how or if I can clean it.


 The first item I received is the Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat leave in conditioner. I was very excited to be getting this in my bag! I have been wanting to try it for a while now but every time Ulta has this small bottle on sale for $3 I never seem to be able to make it to the store. (It's 30 minutes away!) I have used this a couple times and so far I really like it. I think I am definitely going to buy the full size. I also really liked the last Healthy Sexy Hair product I got from Ipsy so I am going to buy them both.

Sample size: 1.7 fl oz, value: $3.59 | Full size: 8.5 fl oz, price: $17.95

The second item I received is the Faith Aromatherapy Tahitian Monoi anti-aging sugar scrub. I was pretty happy to be getting this in my bag as well. I had never tried a sugar scrub up until recently. (I got some on sale at Bath & Body Works during the semi-annual sale.) The smell is not too great, it's very natural smelling. I will not buy the full size of this simply because of how easy it is to make a sugar scrub. I am going to keep this little tub though because it will be perfect for holding homemade sugar scrub for my lips! I haven't used this yet but I am going to use it tonight and see how it is.

Sample size: 1oz, value: $1.50 | Full size: 12oz, price: $17.99

 Nice scrubby texture. As I said before, it leaked in my bag but it was just oil. It still seems really oily though so luckily it didn't make it dry or anything by leaking.


 The third item I received is the Nourish Organic Lightweight Moisturizing Face Lotion with Argan and Rose Water. I was happy to be getting this too! I love the Josie Maran argan oil so I liked that this has argan in it. I have also hear great things about rose water but I have never tried anything with rose water in it yet. This has a very natural smell and is very lightweight when applying it. It's almost not moisturizing enough for my skin. I felt like I had to apply more than I normally would but it wasn't greasy or sticky. I do however prefer the Tarte Maracuja oil for my moisturizer.

Sample size: .5oz, value: $7.33 | Full size: 1.7oz, price: $21.99

 The fourth item I received is the Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in #5 Natural. I like the color of this a lot. The texture is pretty similar to the Cailyn tinted balm in that it's very pigmented and not very moisturizing.


 It looks to be a very nice natural color just like the name implies. I was really happy about the shade I got.

Sample size: 2.5g, value: $18.75 | Full size: 4g, price: $30

 Oh, but what's this? I swatched it and it changes to a bright pink! How crazy is that? Also, is it just me or are these extremely over priced??? I would much rather pay $30 for a Chanel lipstick than a potted lip balm from a not so well known brand.


This doesn't look like the color in the pot at all but it's still a pretty pink color, just not as natural as I was hoping for. I have worn this twice and I used a lip brush to apply it because it's very easy to mess up just using your finger. I apply a thing layer of Chap Stick before I put on the color and it makes it much easier to wear.


 The last item I received is the Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow Creamy Eye Pencil in the shade Penny. I was so happy to get this instead of the foundation! I really hope to never get a complexion product from Ipsy because I am so fair that I just know everything they send me would be too dark (i.e. the Chella highlight pencil that was darker than my skin and the Pacifica bb cream that was 2-3 shades too dark.)

Sample size: .7g, value: ~$7.50 | Full size: 1.5g, price: $14.99

I would have been happy with either color but I almost would have preferred the pearl one to use as an inner corner highlight. I was surprised by how small the pencil actually is. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to use it all over my lid. I will probably just end up using this on my lower lash line.



 I made this swatch by running the pencil along about 10 times. It's a really nice color but like I said before it's just a small pencil. I'm not sure how well it will sharpen either because it's plastic. =\


Well, that is it for my January Ipsy bag! The total value of my bag was: ~$38.67! That's pretty awesome for a $10 subscription. What determines the value though is that I will most likely use everything in the bag unlike previous months. Price and worth are very different. Well let me know how you liked your bag! If you want to sign up for Ipsy I would love if you'd use my link (if not that's okay.) http://www.ipsy.com/r/1jwu I hope you have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment